When: October 28, 2020
Where: Anywhere you are!
- Cathie Wood, CEO/CIO, ARK Invest
- Peter MacPhie, Portfolio Manager, The Wooding Group, CIBC Wood Gundy
- Alison Law, Investment Advisor, RBC Wealth Management
Lisa Lake Langley, CEO & President, Emerge Canada Inc., and Cathie Wood, sat down with the Emerge guest Advisor panel to answer the questions Canadian advisors have on their mind today.
Here are some of the questions asked:
- You have built a very strong investment team. In particular, you have recruited people that have strong academic or practical background in the respective industries. They may be able to identify good companies, but these good companies may not be good stock ideas. Can you share with us what is the investment process to incorporate good companies into good investment ideas?
- What effect does government policy initiatives have on accelerating (or decelerating) ‘disruptive’ innovation and productivity?
- Among all the innovative platforms that you are focusing on, which one do you think has the biggest near term potential? Which disruptive technologies do you think can be the next ten-bagger?