When: May 18th, 2021
Where: Anywhere you are!
- Dean Smith (Partner, Cadesky Tax)
- Lisa Langley (CEO/Founder, Emerge Canada)
Lisa Langley provides an overview of the recent changes that have occurred in the Emerge ARK ETFs and then is joined by tax specialist, Dean Smith (Partner, Cadesky Tax) to answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Canadian listed ETFs and tax filing requirements and benefits.
Some of the questions asked:
- Are there any differences if U.S listed ETFs are held within an RRSP or TFSA?
- If U.S listed ETF have foreign assets, does that complicate the tax process further or is that still considered to be foreign status property?
- Will a Canadian resident who invested in U.S ETFs be subjected to foreign currency gains or losses?