When: August 19, 2020
Where: Anywhere you are!
- Cathie Wood, CEO/CIO, ARK Invest
- Scott Bullis, Portfolio Manager, Investment Strategies, HollisWealth
- Maili Wong, Senior Portfolio Manager, EVP, Wellington Altus Private Wealth
- Bruce Crowle, Vice President & Investment Advisor, RBC Dominion Securities
Lisa Lake Langley, CEO & President, Emerge Canada Inc., and Cathie Wood, sat down with the Emerge guest Advisor panel to answer the questions Canadian advisors have on their mind today.
Here are some of the questions asked:
- You talked previously about how technology budgets fell between 20-30% following the financial crisis of 2008/09. How do you see technology budget spending playing out for the next couple of years following COVID?
- During the podcasts put on by Emerge that featured some of ARK’s thematic experts, Wright’s law was referred to regularly as a key metric in driving the sector projections. How comfortable are you in using a methodology that seems to be giving you higher growth projections that some other experts are giving?
- What are the key macroeconomic risks to the portfolio of the disruptive innovation companies that keep you (Cathie Wood) up at night?